NBA fans can start voting on Christmas Day for their favorite NBA players to start in the All-Star Game to be held Sunday, Feb. 19th, 2017 at the Smoothie King Center, home of the New Orleans Pelicans.
NBA fans may submit one full ballot each day through Twitter, Facebook, NBA.com, the NBA App and Google Search, as well as via Sina Weibo and Tencent Microblogs in China. All current NBA players will be available for selection.
NBA All-Star Voting tips off at 11 a.m. E.T. on Sunday, December 25th
Voting ends on Monday, January 16th at 11:59 p.m. E.T.
How to vote:
- Twitter: Tweet, retweet or reply with an NBA player’s first and last name or Twitter handle, along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE. Each Tweet may include only one player’s name or handle. Fans may vote for 10 unique players each day throughout the NBA All-Star voting period.
- Facebook: Post the player’s first and last name along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE on your personal Facebook account, or comment on another’s Facebook post. Each post may include only one player’s name. Fans may post votes for 10 unique players per day throughout the voting period.
- NBA.com voting page at NBA.com/vote: Fill out one full ballot per day (per day is defined as once every 24 hours) on NBA.com/vote from a desktop or mobile browser. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters.
- NBA App: Access the ballot and vote through the app, which is available on Android and iOS. Fans can fill out one full ballot per day, and select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters.
- Google Search: Search “NBA Vote All-Star” or “NBA Vote Team Name” (ex: NBA Vote Celtics), and use respective voting cards to select teams and then players. Fans may submit votes for 10 unique players per day throughout the voting period.
Fan voting updates will be shared on Thursday, January 5th and Thursday, January 12th.
For the first time ever, NBA players and basketball media will join fans in selecting the starters. Fans will account for 50 percent of the vote, while all current players and a panel of basketball media will account for 25 percent each. Players and media will be able to complete one full ballot, featuring three frontcourt players and two guards from both the Eastern and Western Conference. Players may vote for their teammates or themselves.
The 2017 All-Star Starters will be announced live on TNT on Thursday, January 19th during a special one-hour edition of TNT NBA Tip-Off at 7 p.m. E.T. immediately prior to the TNT doubleheader featuring the Washington Wizards at the New York Knicks (8 p.m. ET) and the Minnesota Timberwolves at the LA Clippers (10:30 p.m. ET).
The Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Star reserves, as selected by NBA head coaches, will be announced the following week on Thursday, January 26th.
The voting period is SHORT and starts when many people are thinking about the HOLIDAYS, so follow the rules, vote early and often, and vote on as many eligible platforms as you can. Your favorite players All-Star chances still rest largely in your hands.